Thursday, March 09, 2006

Blogger drought

The drought strikes again! Well, I've been tagged with the 7x7 meme, which seems so large, onerous and requiring of self-knowledge that I just haven't got around to it. Let me start with the 7 movies, since that's easy.
 
1. Star Wars Episodes IV-VI
2. LOTR trilogy
3. Happy Together
4. Spirited Away
5. Chungking Express
6. The Nightmare Before Christmas
7. Amadeus
 
Argh, so limiting! Anyway.
 
Seven Things I Say  (That's hard!)
1. Woohoo!
2. Lunch?
3. Arrrrrgh (death rattle)
4. I don't know...
5. Teatime!
6. I'm hungry...
7. Yay!
 
Seven Books I Love (Waaaah, this is hard!! Rated by how many times I've read it...)
1. Macbeth
2. Hamlet
3. Of Mice and Men
4. The Belgariad and the Mallorean by David Eddings
5. Pride & Prejudice by You-Know-Who
6. Original French Fairy Tales, collected by I'm-not-sure-who
7. The Cider House Rules (because it didn't get into my Top7 movie list)
 
Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. Roll my tongue
2. Use the name of the Lord in vain (!)
3. NOT cry at touching scenes in movies (it's embarrassing...)
4. NOT talk during a movie
5. Skip a meal (as you might have gathered)
6. Kill myself
7. Think unemotionally
 
Seven Things to Do Before I Die
1. Scuba dive
2. Grand Tour of Europe
3. Make a positive, unique difference in a few people's lives
4. Learn to clean an apartment-sized space in less than a day
5. Finally have a neat, pretty room, without junk in the corners
6. Own a cat
7. See a polar bear, a dolphin, and a whale in its natural environment (Manitoba, here I come!)
 
Seven Things That Attract Me To... Movies
1. Entertainment value
2. Identifying with emotions
3. Introducing me to situations I might not usually find myself in - what would I do in such a case??
4. The mood it evokes
5. Heroism in LOTR and Star Wars - "All you have to do is to decide what to do with the time that is given to you." The bestestness that a person, Hobbit or elf can aspire to be.
6. Empowerment - "yeah, go Eowyn!"
7. Learning lessons vicariously - would add a caveat that it hasn't really worked. The lessons are identified post-hoc
 
Seven People to Tag
1. sweetpotato
2. anlin
3. celticbiohazard
4. ariel
5. andy
6. nat
7. benedict
 
Whee! I did it!

3 Comments:

At Mon Mar 13, 07:16:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Black Jack said...

haha what the! you can just put my name there you know =P

 
At Tue Mar 14, 09:05:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Puz said...

oh btw, if you're tagged. the "7 things that attract me to..." is an open blank. I just put movies cos I love movies.

 
At Sun Mar 26, 10:38:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger the_hollowbody said...

yo elaine!! u havent tagged me lor. hahaha i tagged u first! muahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home