Friday, January 20, 2006

Who wants to get high on cough syrup?

After 3 days of thinking I don't need to drink codeine-laced cough linctus (linctus, from contextual clues, refers to a sticky, syrupy liquid with a cloying taste. Brrrghhhh), I had to cry uncle last night. Yesterday was the horriblest day ever, I was hacking and coughing every 20minutes, which leads to wheezing, which leads to not enjoying myself even on a night out courtesy of my supervisor, save for a calm moment (after another blasted round of rain) at Siem Reap, Asian Civilizations Museum, listening to romantic, lightly swinging, downbeat vocal jazz. Ahhh. Went home and took two spoonfuls of cough linctus, one tablet of drowsy-inducing anti-histamine and plonked right into bed. Debated with myself over whether to come to school this morning, then my conscience (plus the memory of undone tasks) won. I'm in school now! Haha. Should stop blogging then.
 
On a high note, I heard Moon River live!!!!!!! The Indochine jazz singer is a lovely lady with a mature, low, velvety voice; her rendition was a little faster than what you normally hear, but it was really really lovely. Ah. The cherry on the chocolate cake was when she sang Cheek to Cheek at the end of the set. Whee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home